What is ‘Spanner in the Works’?
Spanner in the Works? is a comprehensive men's health promotion toolkit, designed to guide anyone with a passion for promoting men's health and wellbeing. The toolkit has been developed by Healthy Male and the Australian Men's Shed Association to encourage men to take a more proactive approach to their health through men's health promotion in workplaces, sports clubs and community groups.
Who is it for?
Spanner in the Works? provides Australian men with a service and maintenance schedule for their bodies and simple, easy to understand health messages. It provides guidelines on things men can do (or not do) to improve their health.
What is in the toolkit?
The toolkit can be used as a comprehensive package or in smaller segments, tailored to your needs and contains:
- Health promotion event kit to guide you can run a health promotion event, display or information session
- A booklet designed to provide Australian men with a ‘service and maintenance’ schedule to promote optimal health and wellbeing through the different ages and stages in life
- Posters and fliers to promote men’s health and your event
- A presentation and speaker notes to enable you to deliver a men’s health presentation in your community or workplace or other relevant setting
- A USB with all the program information
- A web-based tool to enable digital information dissemination at convenient times and locations.
Ordering the toolkit
You can order your free Spanner in the Works? toolkit through the Healthy Male online store.
You can also access Spanner in the Works? tools and resources online at https://malehealth.org.au/.